Thursday 13 June 2013

Rider Profiles: Mike M

We want to introduce you all to the people involved in the ride! We will be posting profiles of each of our 5 riders, as well as the 4 sanctuaries we are riding for. 

First up, meet Mike!


"I’ve been vegan for over 3 years. I’m a University of Guelph graduate with a BSc. in Physical Sciences. I’m passionate about animal rights (including humans), and environmental justice (particularly soil and water issues). I enjoy cycling, soccer, cross-country skiing, disc golf, hiking, canoeing, reading, and I love vegan potlucks! 

Visiting and helping out at farm animal sanctuaries and bearing witness to the plight of farmed animals has demonstrated a powerful contrast to me in the ways humans can treat other species. I felt an especially close connection to the young steers at Snooter’s and Stormy the pig at Ruby Ranch. 

Mike and Norman at Snooter's Forever Home.

Stormy and Mike and Ruby Ranch Pig Sanctuary.

I hope that this ride will provide support and bring recognition to the work these sanctuaries do.  I also hope to serve as an example of how following a vegan diet can provide the proper nutrition and energy for a healthy and physically active lifestyle."


Thanks, Mike! If you would like to sponsor Mike's ride, please click on "Donate" on the right side of this page. When you donate, make a note that you would like to sponsor Mike M. 

Love,
Ride for Rescued Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment