Sunday 23 June 2013

Rider profile: Melissa

"I've been vegetarian for approximately 14 years, and vegan for the past year. I have been actively involved in animal rights issues for as long as I can remember. Even as a child, I was concerned about the treatment of animals and frequently voiced my concerns. 

I completed my Honours B.A. in Psychology and went on to complete a diploma program in Addictions. I currently work as an Addictions Counsellor. In my spare time I enjoy cooking new vegan recipes, cycling, kayaking, yoga, and spending time with my rescued rabbit, Rex.


Melissa and Rex. photo c/o Melissa.


I do my best to spend time volunteering at the various animal sanctuaries in Ontario. I love spending time with animals who are in a safe and loving environment, as it gives me hope that others will also make a connection with these amazing animals.

I hope this bike ride raises awareness about the great work that all the farm sanctuaries are doing, as well as bring attention to the individual animals who are lucky enough to get a second chance at life."

Thanks, Melissa! If you would like to sponsor Melissa, please click on "Donate" on the right side of this page.  

Love,
Ride for Rescued Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment