Sunday 16 June 2013

Rider profile: Becka

"Hi, I'm Becka. I have been vegetarian for a year and a half now and vegan for 6 months. Although I am fairly new to the vegan way of life I am very active when it comes to animal rights activism. I regularly attend protests at slaughter houses and other facilities where animals are exploited and abused. I also volunteer about once a week at Snooters Farm Sanctuary. 

Becka and Norman. photo c/o Becka.

I feel so connected to the animals there, I have a very special connection with Norman the cow and Edgar the pig. Snooters is my happy place, with the amount of animal cruelty I see attending vigils for Guelph Pig Save and other organizations, going to Snooters always reminds me why I go to them and why it is important to help the animals that aren't as lucky as my friends at Snooters and the other sanctuaries. 

Edgar and Becka. photo c/o Becka.

I am currently a third year University of Guelph student studying marketing management, my hope is to graduate and use my knowledge in marketing to help spread the vegan message. I can't think of a better way to spend my life. In my spare time, I like to snowboard, play soccer, and spend time with my rescued rat Leo. I will also be adopting a new addition to the family, Bella, who I will be rescuing from the animal testing and teaching lab she is currently subject to at the University of Guelph.

Bella and Becka. photo c/o Becka.

Leo. photo c/o Becka.


I hope this bike ride will raise awareness about the vegan lifestyle as well as raise awareness and funds for the sanctuaries we are supporting. I also hope that this bike ride will show people that even vegans can be athletes."

Thanks, Becka! If you would like to sponsor Becka's ride, please click on "Donate" on the right side of this page. When you donate, make a note that you would like to sponsor Becka. 

Love,
Ride for Rescued Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment