Tuesday 25 June 2013

Rider profile: Michael

"Though I’ve been vegan for approximately 3 years, I became an avid animal rights advocate in August of 2012. Since then, it seems like a new life for me, appreciating the world in new ways and beginning to challenge many things I took for granted. I also consider myself a passionate social justice activist, campaigning as an ally for many other forms of oppression in our societies. I’m currently completing a Master’s degree in Criminology at the University of Guelph, and have been a resident of the city of Guelph for over 6 years now.

I am participating in this event for many reasons. Probably the most important reason though is because it is invaluable for people to learn more about the amazing places, people and animals residing in Ontario. Learning that so much injustices and yet also so many inspiring possibilities can be found close to many of us in Ontario should help enable more to become active in facilitating and supporting radical changes needed for all.

I’ve found that I have most bonded with Zebra, at Cedar Row Farm Sanctuary, because I think she really embodies the quiet dignity and gentle embrace that is so often overlooked by humanity."


Zebra & Mike. 
Thanks, Mike! If you would like to sponsor Mike, please click on "Donate" on the right side of this page.  

Love,
Ride for Rescued Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment