Tuesday 16 July 2013

Rider profile: Joanne

Hi everyone,

My name is Joanne and I have been vegan for almost 3 years. I am really excited about the Ride for Rescued Animals and raising money for these sanctuaries! Since becoming aware of the realities animals face daily, it's been hard sometimes to deal with being surrounded by so much violence. Animal sanctuaries are a place I can go to feel hope and see animals who are living in a positive environment. Beyond rescuing animals, sanctuaries have such an important role in education and outreach. The first sanctuary I visited was Snooters, and I was so impressed by Susan's dedication to the animals there, as well as advocating for all animals. Since then I have tried to go to local sanctuaries as often as I can.

My main hobbies right now include baking vegan cookies and hanging out with my rescued cat and dogs (Cleo, Phoebe, and Rufus).

Thank you to everyone who has supported the Ride for Rescued Animals so far. These animals are so deserving of every penny!

Chickpea & Joanne at Cedar Row.

If you'd like to sponsor the Ride for Rescued Animals, please click on the "donate" button on the right side of this page!

-Ride for Rescued Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment